(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
We are looking for a gardener with horticultural knowledge to join our maintenance team. Qualified candidates should understand container and backyard gardening in an urban setting and be excited about the challenge of maintaining multiple gardens over the season. The position is full-time, averaging 35-45 hours per week. It requires physical fitness (lifting at least 50lbs and being on your feet all day) and working outdoors in all weather. The maintenance gardener reports to the maintenance and office managers.
- Making regular visits to clients to maintain care and aesthetics of plants
- Potting, spot watering, pruning, fertilizing, pest and disease management
- Adjusting and monitoring irrigation systems
- Managing and troubleshooting garden plant health, pest and aesthetic issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and maintaining cleanliness of each project site
- Documenting visit information and following up with issues as they arise
- Communication with supervisors and installation teams as required.
- Client communications for scheduling and while onsite
- Seasonal annual planning and installations
- One or more years of horticultural experience with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, care, maintenance and identification
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work alone or in teams, willingness to learn and take direction from others.
- Hardworking and energetic self-starter, who is passionate about plants
- Willingness to collaborate on tasks to maintain gardens to the highest standards
Elevations Landscape and Design
Contact Name: Jonathon
Phone: (718) 715-0755