(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. We value a collaborative approach, successful candidates will have a strong work ethic and positive demeanor.
We are looking for a gardener with horticultural knowledge to join our maintenance team. Qualified candidates should understand container and backyard gardening in an urban setting and be excited about the challenge of maintaining multiple gardens over the season. It requires physical fitness (lifting at least 50lbs and being on your feet all day) and working outdoors in all weather. The maintenance gardener reports to the horticultural and office managers.
- Making regular visits to clients to maintain care and aesthetics of plants
- Potting, spot watering, pruning, fertilizing, pest and disease management
- Adjusting and monitoring irrigation systems
- Managing and troubleshooting garden plant health, pest and aesthetic issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and maintaining cleanliness of each project site
- Documenting visit information and following up with issues as they arise
- Communication with supervisors and installation teams as required.
- Client communications for scheduling and while onsite
- Seasonal annual planning and installations
- One or more years of horticultural experience with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, care, maintenance and identification
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work alone or in teams, willingness to learn and take direction from others.
- Hardworking and energetic self-starter, who is passionate about plants
- Willingness to collaborate on tasks to maintain gardens to the highest standards
We are pleased to offer paid time off, company matched 401k and health insurance benefits for FT staff.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elevations Landscape Design + Build
Contact Name: cara white