Maintenance Manager - Full Time
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: Immediately Compensation: $28-$30
Red Fern Brooklyn is a Red Hook-based landscape design studio specializing in residential, commercial garden design, installation, and maintenance. We are looking for a Head Maintenance Manager to head up our re-branded Fine Gardening Division. The ideal candidate has a great deal of horticulture knowledge and can lead others in the field to develop outstanding natural ornamental gardens.
This is a key position and we are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company.
- Greeting and talking with clients, informing them about their specimens and listening to their needs
- Choosing replacement plantings and working on garden revision designs
- Designing and oversee the planting of annual displays
- Logging all notes on a property and reviewing with principal on a weekly basis
- Leading gardeners in the field with proper pruning techniques, fertilization, and organic disease/pest control
- Making sure the truck is loaded for the days work with tools, fertilizers etc
- Keeping an eye on supplies and voicing the need for purchase when low
- Overseeing simple drip irrigation and/or communicating with our irrigation vendor about fixes or seasonal water checks
- 3+ years professional gardening experience in maintenance and planting
- Plant identification Required
- Knowledge of pruning and horticultural practices a must
- Computer skills: experience with spreadsheets and smart phone apps
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, ability to drive cargo van/truck
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit cover letter and resume. Photos of your work a plus. Candidates should provide three references to vouch for their skills
Red Fern Brooklyn LLC
Contact Name: Sarah Rogacki