Manager of Design & Planning
Start Date: January 15, 2024 Compensation: $65,000-$75,000
Plan it Wild, a Westchester and Fairfield County based ecological landscaping firm is looking for a Manager of Design and Planning.
- Reporting to the COO and VP, refine our existing ecological design processes to establish a scalable system for PiW that supports our growing client base of both institutional and residential customers. Set up a framework and structure that includes innovation–creating a signature Plan it Wild look–but also templatization, consistency, tracking, and reports.
- Research, including site assessments, field data collection, and industry best practices, and innovative design.
- Development of business proposals and designs for corporate, institutional, municipal, and residential clients.
- Manage and develop our EcoReports, which are our signature client proposals.
- Produce CAD-based designs or sketches.
- Oversee consultants and potentially staff.
- Develop and maintain work plans, timelines, budgets, contracts, specifications, and invoicing & help to manage our sales funnel in Pipedrive.
- Produce marketing material as needed to for our relationships with existing and future clients.
- Working with an executive team, develop long-term relationships with clients that yield up-selling as well as connections to other clients and/or additional landscaping work.
- Respond to clients design issues and concerns and coordinate any additional services.
- Degree in landscape design/architecture, ecology or related natural sciences, urban planning or other related fields, or 3 years of experience.
- AutoCAD, Canva, Adobe Suite, and ARC GIS, i-Tree, iNaturalist, Excel, Mord, Pipedrive, Google Docs, Quickbooks
- Horticultural, botanical, or ecological experience, and familiarity with northeastern Eco Region 59 native plants and natural habitats.
- Operational & management experience.
Benefits, Job Location & Hours
- Customized benefits package
- Westchester & Fairfield County
- Off season, Dec-March, 30 hrs/week
- On season, April-Nov, 40+ hrs/week
Plan it Wild
Contact Name: Bram Gunther