Chelsea Garden Center, with more than 35 years of green industry experience, is seeking a Manager/Truck Dispatcher. The ideal candidate will have logistics experience in dispatching and scheduling multiple trucks & crews.
Chelsea Garden Center operates two retail garden centers in Brooklyn, providing delivery & installation services across Brooklyn, Manhattan & Queens. This is a full-time managerial position with room for growth.
- Arrange busy & ever-changing daily calendars to schedule truck crews.
- Field heavy phone call & email volume.
- Liaison with store managers and designers to keep team members up to date on scheduling.
- Track sold items set aside & confirm that all orders are complete & ready for delivery.
- Schedule delivery & installation services with clients using multiple trucks.
- Schedule our in-house garden designers installations.
- Schedule movement of merchandise between stores to optimize inventory and the transfer of goods.
- Maintain work orders & receipts from deliveries & installations, update work orders on completion.
- Maintain accurate electronic records of all scheduling and billing for inter office exchange.
- Set up tool & material inventory lists for each truck as a guideline for daily usage.
- Set up a periodic maintenance schedule so that our vehicles are regularly checked for safety & fluid levels.
- Set up & maintain weekly truck crew schedules for a staff of four to six (4-6).
- Assist with store set up & receiving daily deliveries as time permits.
- Ability to take initiative & exceed client expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- This position requires superior customer service skills as you will be scheduling deliveries & installations for both our retail locations in addition to our commercial design-build portfolio.
- Must be fluent in Excel, Word, Google Drive, possess a knowledge of NYC streets and traffic patterns, and have general administrative & customer service skills.
- A background in the nursery industry would be helpful but not essential. We are seeking only serious-minded, career-oriented candidates to join our management staff.
Health Insurance- After an initial ninety (90) days of full-time employment which is the designated waiting period, Chelsea Garden Center will pay fifty (50%) of your health care premium in the Healthfirst Gold Pro Plus EPO.
Compensation- Our salary offerings are based on each applicant’s individual qualification and experience. We understand the high cost of living in New York and offer highly competitive starting wages.
Chelsea Garden Center