Compensation: Annual Salary of $44K - $56K
Mt. Cuba Center is a premier botanic garden in Hockessin, DE that inspires an appreciation for the beauty and value of native plants and a commitment to protect the habitats that sustain them.
Membership Specialist The Membership Specialist is responsible for managing the recruitment, acknowledgement, fulfillment of benefits, renewal, and stewardship of Mt. Cuba Center members. Working in cooperation with other departments, the Membership Specialist oversees a variety of projects including member events and tours, email campaigns (MailChimp), membership sales, digital correspondence, and website content as it relates to communicating and cultivating both members and donors. This individual should have deep knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) best practices and functionality and analytical skills to create and maintain reports and dashboards. Additionally, this role will serve as the primary point of contact for all neighbor-related communications and activities.
Please note this is a Full Time, exempt, position with a 37.5 hour week.
Mt. Cuba Center’s total rewards program is built to promote transparency and strengthen our culture, values, vision, and mission. The compensation for this Full Time position is expected to be $44K - $56K per year; however, we craft offers with the uniqueness of our final candidate in mind and determine a compensation package based on their experience, skills, and abilities. Full Time staff members also enjoy participation in our incredible Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k plan with an employer contribution of up to 8%, generous paid time off and leave policies, free admission to our garden, as well as other local institutions, access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), professional development opportunities and more!
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity, and we encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or need help applying, please email HumanResources@mtcubacenter.org
- Conceive, plan, and manage multi-channel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, and renewal of members in collaboration with marketing. Set annual goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase membership base and revenue
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and cultivation of new members, including campaigns for member upgrades and regular solicitation of member feedback
- Act as primary contact for Mt. Cuba members and donors by responding to inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. Provide excellent customer service via telephone, email, mail, and in person. Coordinate customer service efforts, including answering questions, reconciling records, preparing benefits packets, and processing membership requests as needed
- Develop, coordinate, and run member events including behind-the-scenes experiences, member-only ticketed events, and other member activities
Customer Relationship Management
- Serve as the lead administrator of Mt. Cuba’s CRM platform including user account maintenance, list management, and other routine tasks with membership as a priority area of focus
- Import membership, student, and guest data from Galaxy Ticketing system
- Process gifts and acknowledgements
- Collaborate with marketing director on print collateral and design needs
- Communicate design changes and feedback to external graphic designer
- Coordinate multiple design projects simultaneously with printers and other external vendors
Program & Project Administration
- Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
- Work collaboratively with the management team on adopting and implementing organization-wide systems and help guide and execute the strategic goals of the institution to support Mt. Cuba Center’s mission
- Minimum three years membership related experience – ideally in membership and/or development (acquisition, retention, and upgrades) as revenue streams
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools and software (Salesforce and Mailchimp preferred), ticketing (Galaxy/Gateway preferred), and fundraising systems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exemplary customer services skills and ability to collaborate with staff at all levels
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Fiscal responsibility including maintaining budgets
- Computer software skills with proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Discretion and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information