Nursery Sales Associate
Start Date: Mid March Compensation: commensurate with experience
OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALITY DRIVEN Become a vital part of a team who loves to get the job done right!
You take pride in everything you do and so do we. Join Atlantic Nurseries’ dedicated team and grow with us in a cooperative environment where your ideas and skills are valued.
Atlantic Nurseries of Dix Hills, New York is a leading wholesale nursery and grower. We are known for our broad selection of unusual plant material and for providing exceptional quality, service & knowledge to discerning professionals. As both a grower and a wholesaler, our operation is quite diverse. Our customer base includes landscape designers and contractors, public parks and botanical gardens and retail garden centers from the New York tri-state area.
Atlantic Nurseries’ provide outstanding customer assistance to ensure the success of our customers. Full and part-time positions are available.
- Assist customers with plant selection (hands on assistance at our nursery). Process orders via phone or email. Assemble orders for pick up. Finalize sales through POS system.
- Use your knowledge of plants and horticultural practices and products to provide outstanding, consistent and proactive customer assistance.
- Perform a broad range of tasks/projects such as plant care and maintenance, signage, receiving, inventory and general nursery duties. Responsibilities are diverse and vary depending on the season.
- Moderate to extensive knowledge of plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees & native plants of the Northeast) and horticultural practices & products
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the nursery/retail garden center/landscape industry or in a related field
- Associates degree in Horticulture or similar field is desirable, but not essential
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. POS systems experience a plus
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Team player who proactively supports all coworkers
- Ability to work well independently with a keen attention to detail
- Enjoy working outdoors in diverse weather conditions
- Able to perform all physical activities associated with nursery sales or production, including lifting 30 lbs
Part-time and Full-time positions are available
Hours fluctuate based on the season
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Atlantic Nurseries, Inc. - Dix Hills, NY
Contact Name: Katherine Biene Schaefer