The Battery is one of New York City’s oldest public open spaces, located at the tip of Manhattan overlooking New York Harbor. The Battery Conservancy was created in 1994 to rebuild the Battery and Castle Clinton National Monument, in partnership with city, state, federal agencies, and private donors. The associate position is full time, year-round. As an outdoor employee of TBC, you will work as directed by overall Operations management.
- requires a hands-on person who is comfortable both in the office and outside in the park
- requires a person who can juggle multiple day to day requests while maintaining a focus on long term projects and goals
- is a management track position with ample room for advancement
- Implement ongoing park maintenance projects and improvement projects.
- Routine mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting of The Bosque Fountain.
- Facilitate general park operations and special events in the park.
- Coordinate and set up deliveries for the park. Have a flexible schedule as needed.
- Assist, as necessary and directed during snow emergencies and special events.
- Perform other tasks as needed by the operations team.
- Serve as an ambassador of The Battery Conservancy, answering park visitors’ questions about the park and general park information.
Qualifications: No candidate will have everything, but the successful candidate will have some of these, and will have the ability to learn whatever else is needed:
- Outdoor work experience
- Basic knowledge of any hands-on trade: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry or construction
- Ability to use and operate basic hand and small power tools.
- Perform physical work on a daily basis. Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Work well in a team or alone, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm to start, can vary by season or demand.
Salary: $35,000 - $45,000, commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TBC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants.