Operations & Human Resource Manager
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Dynamic landscape urbanism and urban ecology firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking an Operations and Human Resource Manager who is passionate, hard‐ working and highly skilled.
- Oversee and organizes all office operations and procedures
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations
- Schedules and provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Knowledge of International working labor laws and visa status of current employees
- Facilitates visa process for international employees
- Maintain employee handbook and review possible updates with principals as needed
- Responsible for yearly enrollments in Health Care plans for staff
- Facilitates learning programs that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Oversees the planning and execution of company events
- Organizes travel & accommodations for employee work trips
- Oversees record keeping for contracts, receipts
- Oversees and manages administrative assistant including daily check-ins and setting of weekly goals
- Four or more years of professional administrative experience preferably in the architecture, engineering & design field
- Must have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Dependable, hard‐working, and self‐directed
- Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines
- Experience developing long-term marketing strategies and implementing those tasks over time
- Proficiency in MS Office
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green Studio’s work focuses on reclaiming post‐industrial landscapes, on planning future visions for cities, and on greening New York City’s rooftops. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale conceptual landscape urbanism as well as small scale garden and art interventions. We design and we build. We are thinkers, designers, teachers, gardeners, and craftsmen.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
Future Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Future Green Studio