Organic Landscape Spray Technician
Compensation: $25 - $28 Hour
COMPANY OVERVIEW: This is an exciting time to be joining Marders. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, client first approach and diversity & inclusion are the root of our culture which helps drive the success of our business.
Marders is one of the most multi-faceted businesses on the East End of Long Island. At Marders we don't just plant trees. We design, build and maintain landscapes that fit individuals and that enhance their properties.
Marders offers an excellent compensation plan that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO and wellness benefits.
- Perform all functions of the integrated pest management program, including inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations
- Conduct and participate in employee training
- Maintains complete and accurate records related to assigned work including work performed, pesticide usage, equipment repair and maintenance, and maintains an inventory of necessary pesticides and fertilizers.
- Responsible for preparing, mixing, loading and applying fertilizer, pesticides and plant health care related tasks.
- Properly Monitor, diagnose, insects, weeds, fungus conditions, and pest prone areas and cultural conditions of trees and shrubs and communicate progress to customers and supervisors
- Perform the prescribed fertilization and integrated pest management on tree and shrubs using spray and injection tools
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate truck and sprayer equipment
- Effectively operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Work as a member of a property care crew, under the Crew Leader’s supervision during the down time.
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or Account Manager, Arborist, Property Care Manager
- Must be 3A certified
- Technological: Ability to properly read and fill out timesheets accurately and respond to supervisors via email, call or text.
- Interpersonal/ Client Relationship: – Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with coworkers, supervisors and clients. The ability to communicate ideas and problem solve with others effectively.
- Judgement/ Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions.
- Time Management: Ability to listen and understand plans and directions for daily work routines given by account managers daily. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology.
- Knowledge: Relevant knowledge in plant health care, pesticide applications, fertilizations and lawn care.
- Degree in Horticulture and/ or relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, as required by NYS state law
Contact Name: Christopher Miceli