P/T Garden Associate
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $18-$20 / HR
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center is a family owned and operated business that has been in Williamsburg, Brooklyn since 1962. Alongside our hardware operation we offer a year-round greenhouse full of houseplants and a seasonal garden center that is fully stocked with a large selection of herbs & veggies, trees/shrubs, perennials, and seasonal live goods. We also have an ever-changing selection of pottery and containers as well as a full array of dry goods.
We are currently looking for part time employees with a strong background and passion for all things plants. Team members should be ready to work in a fast pasted environment where no two days are the same. Applicants must have weekend availability thought the Spring season. Schedule amendments can be made after May
- Help customers select plants that will fit their environments
- Assist with receiving plant deliveries & pricing of new stock
- Assisting customers with all aspects of the garden center products
- Help maintain overall organization and cleanliness of the garden, greenhouse and store
- Help create garden and plant displays.
- Examine and monitor plants for disease and insects to protect their health
- Water, prun & dead head plants
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the cultivation and maintenance of tropical plants, trees, shrubs, grasses and perennials, etc.
- Must have strong people and communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a large, diverse team of people
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and be capable and willing to be on their feet for long durations of time
- Be willing to get dirty with the team and work in the elements (Sun, Rain, Snow, Hot, Cold)
- Experience in retail sales a + but not require
- Must be willing to work weekend during Spring season
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center
Contact Name: Liza