Part-Time Adult Education Instructor (Floral Design)
Start Date: September 2022
The New York Botanical Garden’s Adult Education Department seeks knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors to teach in the largest, most diverse education program of any botanical garden in the world. We offer more than 700 classes, workshops, and lectures each year in our facilities at the Garden and our Midtown Education Center, as well as online.
We are currently seeking instructors to teach electives for our Floral Design Certificate Program, beginning in September 2022.
Home to New York City’s oldest and most prestigious Floral Design Program, NYBG offers comprehensive, hands-on instruction taught by industry pros. Our students create dozens of original floral designs for all occasions, while gaining a solid grounding in the business side of the industry. We encourage you to peruse our offerings at nybg.org/adulted and suggest ideas for new elective classes for our certificate program!
- Develop and/or modify existing curriculum in coordination with NYBG staff
- Teach 1-2 courses (in-person and online) per semester or more, as needed
- Identify any necessary materials and work with NYBG administration to procure them
- Design appropriate assessments to evaluate student learning when appropriate
- Maintain clear communication with NYBG administration & students
- Use an online portal to take attendance and enter grades
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a floral designer is required
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to create a wide variety of arrangements for different occasions is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Comfort with basic classroom technology is preferred
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter specifying what they feel most qualified to teach to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York Botanical Garden