Part-Time Digital Communications Officer
Start Date: immediate opening Compensation: $25/hr, 10-20 hours per week
PRFCT Earth seeks a connected, creative Part-Time Digital Communications Officer to represent the voice, amplify the work, and increase the digital footprint of this remarkable organization.
PRFCT Earth Project is a thought-leader and conversation-starter, raising awareness about the harmful effects of toxic landscape chemicals, the urgent need to replace them with nature-based practices, and the care, protection, and equity that our Earth deserves.
After nearly 10 years of operating as a small but influential startup, PRFCT Earth is moving into an aggressive, robust phase of strategic growth, staffing, and programmatic planning. The organization is committed to building up and sustaining a strong, dynamic team that will steward PRFT Earth’s growth, mobilizing and effectively capitalizing on its considerable reputation and engaged, influential base of strategic partners and supporters.
The Digital Communications Officer will be a digitally-savvy plant-lover with a sharp attention to detail, who will drive, increase, and creatively nurture the organization’s online presence and promotion of both PRFCT Earth and ⅔ for the Birds (a separate but important initiative). This position reports to the Founder and Executive Director, and is overseen by and in collaboration with the Communications Director. The position averages 10-20 hours per week, and all the work is remote. This is not a full-time position. It is paid on an hourly rate, and does not include benefits.
Mission and Vision
- Maintain and grow PRFCT’s current position as a thought-leader and go-to source for reliable information about sustainable land care.
- Establish and maintain PRFCT Earth’s voice in all social and outreach communications: joyful, creative, curious, thoughtful, and forward-thinking.
- Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans for digital outreach and social media that implement PRFCT Earth’s vision.
- Integrate PRFCT’s mission and core values into every facet of PRFCT Earth’s outreach and communications.
- Conceive, build, and manage the organization’s presence on social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Working with PRFCT Earth’s Founder and key staff, build a monthly social media content plan for Perfect Earth Project and Two Thirds for the Birds to amplify events and partnerships and share the ideals of both organizations in a visually appealing, exciting manner – tying back to websites and actionable items as often as possible.
- Manage @234Birds and @PerfectEarthProject Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts (and Youtube channel) by posting compelling content that is optimized for community growth
- Generate and post—both ‘evergreen’ and timely—content on the grid 2-3x/week and stories 5x/week, while engaging with relevant community members on a daily basis
- Build and manage image library for social media accounts via Apple’s ‘Shared Albums’ and Dropbox.
- Create custom content for relevant partners and collaborations using brand guidelines and resources
- Engage regularly with active, aligned organizations and followers - reposting and tagging relevant information/events from the community and regularly sharing beautiful community photos of birds (we have an ongoing list of accounts that have provided permission to do this)
- Work with Founder and key staff, format, digitally-optimize and send regularly scheduled e-newsletter to the Perfect Earth Project and 234thebirds communities through Mailchimp
- Manage distribution list for the Perfect Earth Project e-newsletter
- Design an introductory email to new members of the 234Birds ‘List’ (welcoming them, sharing resources and encouraging them to follow @234birds and tag projects with #234birds)
- Build and manage distribution list for a 234Birds e-newsletter (using environmentally-conscious ASLA landscape architects and IG followers)
- Source, format and post relevant events on the perfectearthproject.org and 234birds.org ‘Events’ pages
- Manage additions to 234Birds ‘List’ through the 234birds.org portal
- Design digitally-optimized descriptions of past events on the perfectearthproject.org and 234birds ‘Events’ pages
- Manage occasional website updates
- Build and maintain documentation to track growth over time and plan future growth strategies
- Explore and evaluate local advertising opportunities
- Regularly check emails to stay up to date on new ideas and requests from within the organization
- Direct and oversee work of digital/social freelancers as needed
- The ideal candidate must have a dedication to PRFCT’s mission and a deep understanding of the environmental nonprofit landscape.
- 1-2 years of experience running or overseeing a social media outreach effort, campaign, organization voice, etc.
- Decent working knowledge of native plants, and of conventional and nature-based landcare issues and practices.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic, with the ability to transform concepts into practice and capitalize on opportunities.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a nontraditional approach to brainstorming, implementation, and problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented and responsible, fiscally and otherwise.
- Rather impressive writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- The work of PRFCT Earth is primarily virtual, with no office space. Periodic in-person meetings with Founder or staff may be requested as needed.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position.
- Name(s) of person referring, or source of job description.
- Resume, including relevant outside activities and hobbies.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Perfect Earth Project
Contact Name: Nathalie Danilovich