Part Time Gardener
Start Date: Mid-March Compensation: Negotiable
Opening for a part-time gardener for care and maintenance of the landscape and grounds on a private estate in Garrison, NY. This is a 3 day a week/24 hours weekly opening from March to December, 8AM-4PM. Possible weekends and flexibility negotiable. The Gardner will work with the other staff in all areas on the property. Previous hands on garden experience required however on the job training will be provided for specific detailed work. Experience with turf care a definite plus.
The ideal candidate will be organized, work well with others and on their own and dedicated. This is a position with an exciting opportunity to experience work in a garden designed by a leading English garden designer.
- Work under supervision of garden staff and alone as needed
- Weeding, watering, grooming of annuals, perennials, roses, containers and turf
- Assist garden crew as needed in tree care, plant installations, fertilizing, pest control
- Some pruning and deadheading, will train on site as needed
- Assist in maintenance of compositing program
- Knowledge of and ability to perform maintenance such as watering, weeding, planting, pruning, mowing
- Ability to lift 40 lbs, perform physical labor on a daily basis in all weather conditions and in challenging terrain
- Timely, hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, organized
- Ability to listen and follow directions with attention for detail
- Driver’s license
- Experience with turf care a plus