Part Time Gardener
Start Date: Post Labor Day Compensation: $20-25/hour
Blue in Green Gardens, LLC is an urban landscape firm that specializes in the design, installation, and maintenance of residential and commercial green spaces in NYC, including terraces, rooftops, townhouse gardens, and shared gardens. We are looking for responsible, punctual, friendly, and positive gardening professionals to join our horticulture team this fall and moving into the 2023 season. Those applicants who are looking to cultivate a lasting relationship are encouraged to reach out! Hours can be very flexible based on availability.
- Performing installs and maintenance visits to our various gardens with confidence.
- Using existing plant knowledge to locate select perennials, annuals, trees, and shrubs from various wholesale nurseries for seasonal installations.
- Performing other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by management.
- Effectively communicating the state of various gardens with other team members in person, via video or photo sharing and emails to ensure their health and aesthetic.
- Maintaining the utmost level of detail in the exterior landscape (as well as the interiors) of our clients’ homes.
- At least 1 year of qualified NYC landscaping experience.
- A valid driver’s license, good knowledge of daily NYC navigation, and a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor (lift 40lbs) on a daily basis, in all weather conditions.
- Strong plant and weed identification skills.
- Basic knowledge of plant disease and insect pests, as well as IPM strategies to combat them.
- Confidence working independently and with others on various gardening tasks.
- Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge such as navigating a google calendar, updating shared spreadsheets as needed, or returning emails in a timely fashion.
Blue in Green Gardens LLC
Contact Name: Naima Green