(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $18/hour
Old Westbury Gardens is looking for a part-time gardener to help us maintain our grounds for the 2023 season.
This position is part-time but up to 40 hours per week may be available. Ideally, at least 2 days a week would be preferred for this position. Shifts are generally from 7:30-3:30, but timing within this frame is flexible.
- As directed by supervisors, you will be responsible for weeding, fertilizing, and mulching various garden areas.
- Other occasional tasks may include deadheading, planting, and watering.
- Occasional use of line trimmer, leaf blower, and push mower (will train if not experienced with this equipment).
- Friendly demeanor with garden visitors and staff.
- General knowledge of plant care and basic Long Island weed identification.
- Experience working in a garden setting.
- The ability to stand, squat, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- The ability to handle exposure to inclement weather such as high temperatures and rain.
Old Westbury Gardens
Contact Name: Gaby Kantor