Part Time Gardener & Irrigation Tech
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $28-34
Parker Meadows is a garden design company providing full service design, installation and maintenance. We specialize in native plants, small spaces, fine tree pruning, and sustainable practices.
We are looking for an experienced gardener to work with our horticulture team throughout Brooklyn.
- Helping with daily gardening tasks- installs, maintenance, keeping tools and van organized and clean
- Installing, maintaining. monitoring orbit irrigation systems
- Communicating to manager, team mates, clients about updates in gardens
- Diligent daily note and photo taking, keeping track of supplies needed and upcoming tasks
- Familiarity of pest/disease management and troubleshooting plant health or other garden issues
- 3+ years experience in garden maintenance is required, with 1+ years commitment to a single previous employer
- 2+ years maintaining and adjusting of irrigation systems
- Good working knowledge of plant culture - identification, health, and habit
- Keen understanding of power tools and principals of carpentry is a plus
- Shows punctuality and polite/respectful work demeanor
- A team player with the ability to take direction and prioritize tasks while working alone or with a team
- Able to lift 50lbs and willing to work in all kinds of weather
- Clean drivers license and smart phone
This a part time position (approx. 2-3 days per week) and start date is immediate. Compensation is $28-$32, negotiable depending on experience. All candidates may email a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Contact Name: Whitney Parkerton
Website: Apply Online