Part-time Installation & Maintenance
Lisa Mantoni Landscape Design is a Brooklyn-based firm that designs, installs and maintains gardens throughout NYC and Westchester. Part-time positions are available to help with all facets of installing and maintaining gardens. We are hardworking and dedicated to our clients and their plants but like to have fun while doing it – come join us and have a blast while doing grueling physical labor!
- Assist on installations of backyard gardens, rooftops and terraces; unloading trucks, transport plants/materials to site, planting and cleanup
- Perform maintenance duties such as pruning, deadheading, watering, monitoring irrigation systems, fertilizing, and cleanup
- Keeping detailed maintenance records and photos for each client at each visit
- Identify common garden problems such as soil issues, plant pests and diseases and irrigation system problems
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic knowledge of plants, the maintenance care they need and the ability to troubleshoot pest/disease problems
- Reliable, detail-oriented, proactive and conscientious
- Capable of maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and ability to communicate in a polite and effective manner
- Physical endurance and strength – we are constantly lifting/carrying/transporting plants and materials
- Ability to work in every weather condition that won’t endanger lives
- Prior experience and/or horticultural education would be a huge plus but is not a requirement; we will take the time to train the right person for the job.
Compensation is competitive and based on knowledge, experience and education.
Please email a resume and references to email@example.com.
Lisa Mantoni Landscape Design