Part-Time Plant Maintenance Associate
We are a Brooklyn based interior plant design company specializing in design, installation, and maintenance. We are a growing company that delivers high quality work while maintaining a friendly working environment. We are currently
seeking a part-time plant maintenance associate to work on ongoing plant maintenance projects throughout Manhattan
and Brooklyn as well as in the studio to assist in general support duties as needed.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All candidates may email their cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Cover letter can be a brief. Just tell us why you’d be a great fit.
- Will be expected to be responsible for their own maintenance accounts as assigned.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of plant care, pest control, and diagnosis of plant health to ensure continued growth. Any issues must be communicated to ECD/Operations Manager. All candidates will be trained on maintenance duties.
- Following up on unresolved issues. Must be comfortable communicating with clients and working with discretion.
- Work with ECD to understand plant health care to provide the best solutions for pest management and pruning
- Understand the job responsibilities for each day and prepare accordingly.
- Leave job sites clean and comfortable to work with discretion as needed.
- Update the progress report of maintenance accounts and include photos as needed
- Load and unloading plant material onto and from transportation vehicles for studio support work as needed
- Help in potting, de-potting, planting, clean-up as well as general studio organization as needed in studio support.
- Maintain professionalism with clients by providing attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment and working with discretion.
- This position requires a strong communicator (by phone and email), an enthusiastic attitude, responsible and reliable person.
- Greenwall / Living Wall maintenance is also included. Training will be provided and candidate will need to be thorough, patient and reliable to successfully care for vertical gardens and/or being active all day as well as getting dirty.
- Candidate must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs, be comfortable working on a ladder
- Ability to drive and have a clean driver’s license (not required but preferred)
- Must have excellent computer skills and email etiquette
- Working knowledge or interest in plants & interior plant design is a big bonus
- Ability to work well with clientele and have a customer service focus
- Must be detail oriented with ability to problem solve
- Must be organized and on-time
- Ability to meet deadlines, be proactive and multitask
- Excellent eye for design or general sense of aesthetic
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as work with a team
- Knowledge of NYC metro area sources for plant material and construction materials a helpful plus but not necessary.
- This is a part-time position with about 10-25 hours per week. Schedules can vary weekly.
Leaf and June