Part-time Project Manager/Designer
Due to our expanding business opportunities in Westchester County, we are looking to add a new member to our design/project management staff. Someone with experience with residential landscape design and/or project work would be ideal. The role would transition to a hybrid role once the individual is trained. Some experience in the industry will be helpful.
We are seeking a hardworking individual a with horticulture degree from NYBG, SUNY Albany, or similar accredited school, or someone with multi-year experience with landscape installation and landscape project planning. This person would need to be self-motivating and come up to speed quickly with our business methods. We would train you quickly to work as a member of our project team. Teamwork, and the communication that goes with it, are essential to our business.
Plant knowledge and project experience are paramount as well as experience with Excel spreadsheets. Opportunities to grow within our organization are vast. We would welcome your willingness to grow and explore possibilities within our fast-moving landscape design and installation firm.
Interaction with team members and our client base is an essential part of our business. If you love landscape design work and have the qualifications, we would be interested in talking with you. The role would start out as part-time and transition to a full-time hybrid role.
- Go on project consultations (with our landscape designer) for new clients at their property in Westchester county.
- Prepare consultation notes after meetings with clients.
- Collaborate with designer to create plant lists. Research plant availability at nurseries.
- Help to prepare proposals for landscape projects using Excel and Quickbooks. Make revisions as required. Call in orders to nurseries and update staff with status of orders.
- Create Powerpoint presentations of plants using MS Powerpoint.
- Work as a team with designer on all steps above, and interface with Operations Manager and installation crew.
- Attend calls and meetings as required at our office and using Zoom.
- Collaborate with all members of Westover Landscape Design. Communication is key!
- Some experience implementing landscape projects and/or design
- Some hands-on experience in the residential landscape industry
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Optional : experience with a CAD design tool such as Autocad
- Starting pay is commensurate with prior knowledge and experience.
Please apply even you don't have every single skill. Experience in the industry is most important, along with good communication skills. A knowledge and love of horticulture is extremely useful in this role!
Westover Landscape Design
Contact Name: Tom Dickason