Plant & Floral Retail Associate
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
PlantShed has been immersed in the floral and botanical community since the 1950's. We strive to make our community stronger and have developed a deep understanding and appreciation for staying current with changing trends and technology, continuing to set the standard for quality and affordability.
- Explain care and planting instructions to customers thoroughly.
- Communicate needs to Store Manager involving store restocks, needs, and deficiencies.
- Engage customers and be an authority on plants in the retail store environment.
- Understand and be able to educate customers on a range of plant and flower varieties.
- Assist customers in choosing plants based on customer preference and household conditions.
- Be comfortable creating custom floral arrangements based on the needs and input from our clientele.
- Maintain plants in storefront; including watering schedules, sun rotations, and pruning.
- Facilitate transactions on our Point-of-Sale system in a friendly and timely manner.
- Ensuring product is fresh while out on the floor, cycling out imperfect and ill plants to be disposed of or returned to greenhouse.
- Responsible for store upkeep; sweeping floors and cleaning as needed.
- Available to assist during out in-house seminars and workshops.
- Maintaining store appearance set by our Creative Director.
- Horticulture and/or floral knowledge is highly preferred!
- Comfortable up-selling accessories to clients, offering and execution of additional services eg: in-store repotting.
- Works well on their own or in assisting other team members.
- A customer Service professional with a work history including Hospitality, Luxury Retail.
- Flexible, willing to lend a hand on projects as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer service skills for face-to-face customer interaction.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Capable of passing a background check.
- Ability to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Candidate must be available to work weekends.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Contact Name: Clare