Plant Buyer - Assistant
- Identify best suppliers to attain materials for jobs.
- Ability to determine quality of product and procure those quality materials at the best possible prices and terms and within budget.
- Control and eliminate wasteful spending and excess buying of materials.
- With confidence negotiate best quality and prices always looking out for the best interests of the company and to save money where applicable.
- Manage and maintain quality inventories where they are stored (shop, yard and greenhouse) and continually look for best practices for such storage.
- Protect the assets and materials of the company through quality care standards and securing against theft, misuse of company property or environmental risk.
- Negotiate and arrange for efficient and timely deliveries.
- Check accuracy of orders, including quality of product.
- Check accuracy of delivery by matching original order details to what has been delivered then rectifying as needed.
- Manage yard personnel by overseeing, giving direction and tasks, collecting time sheets if applicable.
- Work with division managers to carry-out company project goals and production schedules.
- Submit worksheets in a timely fashion.
- Travel as needed to find, tag and secure appropriate number of plants for upcoming projects.
- Evaluate and select plants that meet the company quality standards. Keep budget in mind and protect company resources by making educated decisions.
- Enhance and build organization’s reputation by representing, and conducting one’s self in a professional manner at all times.
- Share and enforce company policies with staff, communicate rules and regulations to staff, and as a manager, keep the best interests of the company in mind and act based on that premis
Contact Name: Ana Olivieri