Plant Care Crew [Part-Time]
Compensation: $20 - $25/hour
Leaf and June is an interior plant design and maintenance studio introducing plant life to residential and commercial spaces in New York.
We are looking to add a knowledgeable team member who will have the ability to perform a full range of horticultural tasks including plant installation and maintenance. This is an exciting opportunity for a horticulture student, experienced horticulturist, or plant enthusiast. We welcome a general desire to learn and grow into this position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of plant varieties and their needs (including but not limited to plant identification, watering & light requirements, pest management & identification, pruning, potting & re-potting)
- Complete day-to-day plant maintenance, pest and disease prevention, monitoring and adjusting watering practices as needed
- Must be able to clearly communicate with clients about best practices and plant recommendations for their space
- Excellent communication skills on paper and in-person. Provide detailed documentation and reporting of overall plant health and status
- Maintain a clean job site
- Understand the project schedule and report on time to the project site
- Ablility to take direction and work independently as well as work with a team
- 2+ years of horticulture experience preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of plant identification, health, and habit
- Must be able to problem-solve
- Must be organized, punctual, efficient, reliable and self-motivated with willingness and desire to continually gain knowledge
- All candidates should be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to conduct themselves with grace and professionalism
- Must provide timely responses to emails and have a basic knowledge of task management apps or willingness to learn
- Must be based in NYC
- Ability to commute to various locations around Manhattan, Brooklyn, & Queens
- Must love plants!
Leaf and June