Plant Care Technician for interior settings
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: Starting salary $18 to $19 per hour
If you love plants - come join our Ambius team!
As an Ambius Plant Care Technician you will have three main goals to work towards every day:
1. Providing quality customer service to each and every one of the accounts on your route
2. Servicing the plants on your route when they are due for service
3. Marinating the plants on your route so they looking great for our customers….they are clean, happy & healthy plants.
We guarantee our plants, so it is the responsibly of the plant care technician to write up the plants for replacement as required and on time.
From time to time pests may become an issue in your plant(s) - treatment of same will be applied through the guidance of your manager.
This is a driving route primarily for Brooklyn, Queens and The Bronx -
A company vehicle is supplied for work use only. The company vehicle comes with a gas card and e-z pass. All maintenance to the vehicle is paid for by the company.
Any day to day expenses incurred for your role will be reimbursed, e.g. parking expenses
The role comes with excellent company benefits and 401K
*You may be required to work in the warehouse in Parsippany one day a week or in another technicians area as required.
*Occasional night time / weekend work maybe required
- We are looking to find a plant care technician who has a passion and love for plants. The role involves grooming, rotating, observing, dusting and watering each interior plant on the route.
- It is a physical role that involves a lot of walking, using a step ladder, carrying water from one plant to the next, in some accounts you will be required to push a water tank, use grooming tools etc.
- The technician will be required to communicate on each service visit with the person we report to in each of his/her accounts.
- You will be provided with a company vehicle and all the tools and equipment required to do your job.
- The role also requires admin duties, so for that you will be provided with a company phone with all the apps required to do you job - training will be provided.
- Previous plant care experience would be a plus, but not essential, as all in house training is provided
- A natural love of plants is definitely a requirement
- Previous experience running a route / customer service role would be a plus
- This is a driving route so you will be required to have a full driving license
- A safe over night parking spot for a commercial vehicle is required.
- The position is subject to a back round check and pre-screening drug test.
All in-house training is provided out in field, and also on-line and in the warehouse. Training for the admin duties and for the phone / apps is provided.
Contact Name: Mary Cahill
Phone: 973 445 5582