Plant/Flower Shop Associate
An ideal candidate: comfortable up-selling accessories to clients, offering and execution of additional services eg: in-store repotting. Works well on their own or in assisting other team members. A customer Service professional with a work history including Hospitality, Luxury Retail. Flexible, willing to lend a hand on projects as needed.
- Explain care and planting instructions to customers thoroughly.
- Communicate needs to Store Manager involving store restocks, needs, and deficiencies.
- Engage customers and be an authority on plants in the retail store environment. Understand and be able to educate customers on a range of plant and flower varieties.
- Assist customers in choosing plants based on customer preference and household conditions. Be comfortable creating custom floral arrangements based on the needs and input from our clientele.
- Maintain plants in storefront; including watering schedules, sun rotations, and pruning. Facilitate transactions on our Point-of-Sale system in a friendly and timely manner.
- Ensuring product is fresh while out on the floor, cycling out imperfect and ill plants to be disposed of or returned to greenhouse.
- Responsible for store upkeep; sweeping floors and cleaning as needed.
- Available to assist during out in-house seminars and workshops. Maintaining store appearance set by our Creative Director.
- Horticulture knowledge is highly preferred
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer service skills for face-to-face customer interaction.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Capable of passing a background check.
- Ability to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Candidate must be available to work weekends.
- Job Types: Full-time/ Part-time
Plantshed New York Flowers