Plant Health Care Position
Company Information: Arborpolitan is a full-service arboriculture firm located in the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. We focus on organic land care and tree work through the use of natural and traditional products. As an arborist firm we handle tree evaluation, pruning, removals, consulting, Integrated Pest Management, and tree/garden installation. We promote a healthy work environment by working closely with each other and have continuous education and on the job training for all workers from office staff to PHC techs to climbers.
Description: Arborpolitan is looking to hire a full-time plant health care technician to work on our NYC accounts; the prospective employee should have the following credentials:
Knowledge of pests and disease, biotic and abiotic concerns, and integrated pest management
- Ability to work as a team player and have a passion for tree care,
- Spray license (Apprentice, Tech, or Applicator), and valid drivers license,
- 2 years of field experience in IPM/Plant Health Care
- Ability to sample plants and soil, ID using microscopes/hand lens.
- Assist in maintaining client relationships, routing applications, and working to maintain inventory and update NYS DEC information.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, On the job training, paid vacation, healthcare/retirement funding, continuing education allowance
Send resume to email@example.com