Plant Health Care Technician
Compensation: $30 - $35/Hour
We are Marders. One of the most multi-faceted businesses on the East End of Long Island. At Marders we do not just plant trees. We design, build, and maintain landscapes that fit individuals and that enhance their properties. Our garden store supplies and sells special products for home and garden, along with a vast variety of above-ground plants that are always available at our 18-acre main property.
At Marders, you will surround yourself with others who are passionate about landscapes as well as about the quality of the lifestyles that are created within and around them.
- Monitor properties, diagnose plant pathogens/pest issues, treat accordingly utilizing organic protocols.
- Promote overall plant health through Integrated Pest Management approach in order to minimize potential for pest outbreaks.
- Maintain complete and accurate records related to assigned work including work performed, pesticide usage, equipment repair and maintenance.
- Operate truck and spray equipment and maintain inventory of materials.
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Account Manager, Arborist, or Property Care Manager
- Conduct and participate in employee training
- Degree in Horticulture and/or relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, as required by NYS State Law
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Must have a willingness to learn and a passion for the horticultural industry.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative, professional relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and clients.
- Relevant knowledge in plant identification, plant health care, pesticide applications, fertilizations, and lawn care.
Contact Name: Christopher Miceli