Plant Records Coordinator
A 70-acre garden in Northern Westchester is seeking a Plant Records Coordinator. The garden contains diverse and extensive collections, including rare plants. The Plant Records Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Horticulture, will be responsible for maintaining the plant record database using IrisBG software, inventorying new acquisitions and keeping display plant labels current throughout the garden.
The position is part-time, year round for 15-30 hours per week, depending on the season.
- Document, maintain and verify all records for the garden’s living collections using Iris BG software
- Identify and inventory existing plants in the garden for input to database
- Photograph plants to record periods of interest or note
- Upload data including photos and map locations
- Accession and record all new plants
- De-accession plants
- Generate display plant labels with engraving machine and maintain display labels throughout property
- Update maps in database to reflect new or expanded garden beds
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of botanical nomenclature and plant identification
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Inkscape
- Prior experience with plant records and mapping software preferred
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
Those interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.