Plant Records Coordinator-Gardener
Start Date: ASAP
An estate garden in Bedford, NY is seeking a Plant Records Coordinator-Gardener. The garden contains diverse and extensive collections, including rare plants. The Plant Records Coordinator-Gardener will be responsible for maintaining the plant record database using IrisBG software, inventorying new acquisitions and keeping display plant labels current throughout the garden.
- Document, maintain and verify all records for the garden’s living collections using Iris BG software
- Identify and inventory existing plants in the garden for input to database
- Photograph plants to record periods of interest or note
- Upload data including photos and map locations
- Accession and record all new plants
- De-accession plants
- Generate display plant labels with engraving machine and maintain display labels throughout property
- Update maps in database to reflect new or expanded garden beds
- Strong knowledge of botanical nomenclature and plant identification
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Inkscape
- Prior experience with plant records and mapping software preferred
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to the email address listed in PDF or Word format.