Pop-up Greenhouse Ambassador
Start Date: February 17 Compensation: $15/hr
Pop-up Greenhouse Ambassador
Madison Square Park Conservancy
Madison Square Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Brand Ambassador Madison Square Park is looking for Pop-up Greenhouse Ambassadors to welcome guests, provide information, and direction into the Mad. Sq. Hort Pop-up Greenhouse from February through May 2020.
- Serve as an informed and welcoming representative of Madison Square Park Conservancy
- Greet, direct, and assist guests of the greenhouse activation
- Maintain and monitor the greenhouse space, including re-organizing and cleaning any interactive stations
- Effectively communicate greenhouse guidelines to ensure general public safety and plant care
- Help conduct horticulture research for the greenhouse plant index
- Assist in administrative planning and design of the greenhouse layout
- Assist with public programs related to the greenhouse.
- Strong interest in horticulture in a park setting
- A dependable team player who enjoys working outdoors
- Attention to detail when maintaining the space
- Able to engage and communicate with park guests of all ages
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve in the field
- Prior knowledge of horticulture a plus but not required
- Prior knowledge of public programming or placemaking a plus but not required
- Must be able to work 3 days a week, Monday–Friday, from February 17–March 20
- Must also be able to work 5 days a week, Monday–Friday, March 20–May 27
- Activation will be open during the hours of 7:30AM and 7:30PM with shifts from 7:30AM–4PM and 11:15AM–7:45PM. Please include your shift availability in your cover letter.
To Apply To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position—“Greenhouse Ambassador”—in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls please.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.