Pottery/Horticultural Hardgoods Buyer
Atlantic Nurseries of Dix Hills, New York is a leading re-wholesale nursery and grower. We are known for our broad selection of unusual plants, unique pottery line and for providing exceptional quality, service, and knowledge to discerning professionals. Our customer base includes landscape contractors/designers, public parks, botanical gardens, and retail garden centers throughout the New York tri-state area. As both a re- wholesaler and grower, our operation is quite diverse.
Atlantic Nurseries is seeking a Buyer who is responsible for the procurement of Pottery/Horticultural Hardgoods and for promoting this outstanding product line to our customers.
The ideal candidate excels at developing a purchasing plan which considers consumer trends, market demand and supply chain issues and at accomplishing goals regarding revenue, gross margin, seasonal inventory levels, sell throughs and customer service.
- Prepare and submit master orders for pottery which consider color and style trends that align with our customers’ buying habits.
- Create purchase orders in accordance with vendor commitments, restocking needs or custom orders.
- Review weekly reports regarding sales, pricing, margins, sell through. Monitor inventory levels to achieve the optimal seasonal product mix.
- Ensure that price points are consistent with the company’s markup philosophy.
- Assist customers by phone or in person with product information, selection, and custom orders.
- Mentor and train sales team on product knowledge, selling and cross selling techniques.
- Provide direction for product marketing, and merchandising.
- Foster vendor relationships, visit vendors, identify new sources, research new product lines/trends.
- Clearly communicate with the receiving team about pottery/hardgoods deliveries. Check incoming deliveries for accuracy and quality. Problem solve as necessary when issues arise.
- Oversee displays, labeling, and signage of products.
- Participate in building a supportive, collaborative team.
- 3-5-years of buying experience for pottery/hardgoods.
- Ability to develop and execute a purchasing plan based on sales history and industry/consumer trends.
- Familiarity with executing a buying plan with an “open to buy” system is desired.
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with POS systems.
- Enjoy working in a team environment yet be highly self-motivated and effective at working independently.
- Confident communication, creative problem solving, and excellent time management/organizational skills are essential.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Atlantic Nurseries 691 Deer Park Avenue, Dix Hills, NY 11746