Compensation: $20–$35/hour commensurate with experience
HARRISON GREEN is seeking dynamic garden professionals to join our Landscape Design/Build/Maintain practice. From our Bushwick, Brooklyn Studio, Warehouse and Nursery, we work on exciting residential and hospitality projects of all scales throughout New York City and beyond.
As a Design/Build/Maintain practice, our collaborative environment and philosophy place a high value on teamwork at all phases of a project’s development. If you have gardening experience, a desire to create and maintain beautiful outdoor spaces, and want to be a part of a team where your contribution is valued and respected, then we’d like to meet you!
Expert garden maintenance, including but not limited to planting, weeding, ornamental & structural pruning, mulching, watering, deadheading, and cleaning of exterior spaces for residential and commercial clients.
- A genuine love for New York City
- Respect for all living things
- Commitment to horticulture
- High standard of workmanship and presentation
- Desire to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, dependable, hard-working, honest (& fun)
Exemplary communication skills:
- Able to work with all colleagues in a collaborative environment
- Regular communication with supervisor via mobile device regarding garden status
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Strong technical skills:
- Expert garden maintenance, including but not limited to planting, weeding, ornamental & structural pruning, mulching, watering, deadheading, and cleaning of exterior spaces
- Ability to perform physical activity on a regular basis and lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail, with importance placed on cleanliness and order
- OSHA Certification preferred, but not required
- Valid NY State Driver’s License preferred but not required
- NYS DEC Pesticide Applicator/Technician Certification preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in horticulture or agriculture, preferably in an urban setting
- Strong time management, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks when working independently
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- Holiday & Sick Pay
- Transit plan for pre-tax expenses
- Continuing Education
- OSHA Training & Certification
- NYS DEC Pesticide Applicator/Technician Training & Certification
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
- Cover letter (tell us about yourself!)
- Contact information for 2-3 references
Please send materials in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will carefully consider your application during our initial screening and will contact you if you are selected for an interview in person or by videoconference.
HARRISON GREEN LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Name: Hiring Manager