Program and Operations Manager
Start Date: 3/15/23 Compensation: $55,000-$60,000
The Horticultural Society of New York is seeking an energetic, creative, and dedicated Program and Operations Manager to supervise the Open Streets Program. This position will work on a management team that oversees long term and daily operations of public spaces throughout New York City. The ideal candidate is passionate about public space in New York City and committed to The Hort’s mission. The nature of the work requires flexibility, attention to detail, and a good sense of humor.
- Daily supervision of staff and HORTNYC Training participants working in Open Streets.Serve as first point of contact for questions, concerns, and scheduling conflicts.
- Provide in-field training and job readiness support to Open Streets staff.
- Support staff recruitment, hiring, and retention
- With the support of HR, manage individual issues for staff and training participants including time management, technology, interpersonal conflicts, communication
- Support orientation and onboarding of new staff/participants
Public Space Operations
- Coordinate with community partners on Open Streets sites, and work with city agencies in to support maintenance and growth of the program.
- Implement new systems to improve daily operation
- Receipts, scheduling, timesheets, and other relevant paperwork as necessary
- Track metrics to measure impact of staff working in Open Streets
- Experience managing work happening at multiple sites
- Experience managing staff who faced barriers to employment.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest degree of professionalism
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, including ability to connect with people -working in the field
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Fluent in Spanish
- Advanced Degree or equivalent work experience with a focus on social work, social services, or mental health.
- Knowledge NYC agencies a plus
- Valid NYS Drivers License and clean driving record
The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The role requires comfort with public transportation and working outside in various weather conditions. The Program and Operations Manager must also be comfortable working seated at a desk and on a computer for prolonged periods.
The Hort offers all Full-Time regular employees a generous leave package including PTO, sick leave, and 10 holidays. Pre-tax benefits include transit, Flexible Spending Account, life insurance policy, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees also have access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000
- Employment Classification: Full-Time Regular
- Shift: Wednesday through Sunday
How to Apply -To be considered please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com ‘Program and Operations Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls.
The Hort is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. It is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
All employees, interns, and volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations are also available for these individuals during the hiring process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org you require a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.
The Horticultural Society of New York