We are looking for a driven individual for the role of Project Manager for our larger projects. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right experience to help drive the aesthetic of a published NYC design firm. You will be involved throughout the project process, from concept through completion. Benefits include very competitive salary, flexible schedule, paid time off and health benefits (after 90 days).
- Manages client communication
- Uses company systems to track + provide project progress
- Assists in purchasing for the project + tracking purchases
- Assists in scheduling of construction crew, deliveries, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensure that construction team has all necessary information to start job, + complete efficiently
- Reads plans, pulls takeoffs from designs, + assists in installation pricing/estimation.
- Provides clear construction documents/information from design.
- Provides clear written/verbal information for clients and Principal of all meetings/communication
- Visits site regularly to check progress + lead meetings with team, as well as client meetings if needed
- Keeps track of billable hours via timesheet, which is due weekly
- 1+ years experience in design/project management field.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable commuting in NYC, licensed driver preferred but not required.
- Proficient working knowledge of SketchUp preferred. AutoCAD, Photoshop, illustrator, proficiency a plus.
- We are an Apple office, so proficiency on a Mac + experience with iWork is preferred (we also use Google Suite and Dropbox)
- Prior experience managing a team is preferred
- Willingness to work within a team + learn from others a must!
- Is comfortable being client-facing and being available for our clients’ questions.
New Eco Landscape Design + Build is a sustainably-minded design, construction and maintenance company specializing in creating beautiful low-impact and low-maintenance urban gardens. We are a well-rounded landscape design + build firm in Brooklyn, NY. Our work has been published in Architectural Digest, the NY Times, and on Gardenista.
Please view our work at http://newecolandscapes.com to become familiar with our aesthetic and work standard. We are focused on designing and building jobs in an eco-friendly manner. Most of our work is custom, so it’s important to have a passion for figuring out details for items like cabinetry, fences, and pergolas. We work with a fun, knowledgeable crew, with a common goal of installing beautiful projects through efficient teamwork.
This role involves bringing together many departments to keep the project flowing seamlessly. Every day will look slightly different, and will involve a combination of time spent in-office and in-field.