Start Date: 02/01/2022
Sweet Clover Design a design-build firm based in Westchester County. We work primarily with private residents located in the county on project sizes ranging from small-scale home foundations to larger scale, full-property overhauls. Our designs are geared toward providing four season interest using a plant palette that includes native plants in companion with imported specimens. We are a small team of hard-working horticulturists looking to make the world a better place, one garden at a time.
Sweet Clover Design is seeking an organized and enthusiastic Project Manager to join our tight-knit team. The Project Manager will oversee nursery ordering, plant sourcing, equipment rentals and other odds-and-ends necessary to see a project from inception to completion. Daily tasks will include visits and calls to nurseries, visits to various job sites and other vendors to pick-up and source materials. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking entry into the world of professional horticulture and landscape design.
PLANT AND MATERIAL SOURCING
- Project Manager must be familiar with plant names, plant sizes and other common items in nursery stock
- Work with the rest of the Sweet Clover Design team to coordinate, plan and source materials for all upcoming projects
- Answer and execute on requests that come through emails and calls dealing with the business generally, including daily substitutions for upcoming nursery orders, client plant replacements, the pick-up and drop-off of last minute materials and other jobsite needs that arise throughout the day
- Pick-up necessary items around Westchester (eg. blueprints, plants, Home Depot supplies)
- Assist with the setting of plants on job sites and occasionally assist install crew
- Administrative tasks such as composing proposals, PowerPoint presentations, organizing client projects and responding to emails and texts
- Other duties when assigned
- Strong knowledge of plants and common nursery stock
- Comfortable using computers and technology (Quickbooks and excel proficient are a plus)
- Great attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence
- Solid interpersonal strengths; team oriented and cheerful
- Organized, and self-starting; inherently motivated and driven to continuously improve performance
- Based in the lower Hudson Valley, Westchester or northern Manhattan (It is important that this position is filled by someone who can get to know our team in person and be available for in-person work throughout Westchester County)
Please send a resume to Max Apton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweet Clover Design
Contact Name: Max Apton