Project Manager Landscaping
Compensation: 100,000+ depending on experience
- Manage multiple projects to ensure each assigned job is being executed with a sense of urgency, while adhering to high standard of horticulture, cost parameters and man hour budgets.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of assigned jobs, including supervising on site daily or as needed to ensure jobs are executed to the highest standard.
- Responsible for assisting landscape design initiatives in New York City, Connecticut and Hamptons markets including design development and creation of collateral material to support design and maintenance presentations graphically.
- Responsible for submitting a detailed reports for the coming week by Friday afternoon of the week prior and communicating completed work and upcoming schedule to the project team for assigned projects.
- Coordinate with subcontractors, clients and all entities involved in assigned jobs to make sure all aspects of the work are organized, efficient and effectively communicated.
- Assist with estimation of new projects in pipeline.
- Coordinate and communicate information between office and field operations.
- Responsible for the efficient, on budget execution of each assigned job to the highest standard.
- Assist with plant sourcing including visiting nurseries to tag plant material for Summerhill Associates and Summerhill Landscapes.
- Assist in the execution of all safety training for landscape construction crews. Ensure that training is executed on a frequent basis and reinforce on job sites.
- Responsible for the training of landscape crews in accordance with best management practices in all facets of landscape construction.
- Review construction documents and specifications to accurately plan out each assigned job prior to commencement.
- Communicate production schedule for each job with all involved parties for each job daily. This includes any entity involved in an assigned job, including Summerhill staff, all outside contractors, sub-contractors, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure job sites are organized and clean.
- Effectively work, communicate and follow-up with landscape architects, designers, clients and builders to clarify construction drawings.
- Responsible for coordination of project work with associate project managers. This includes clear communication.
- Perform site inventories, analyses, and take field measurements as needed.
- Responsible for tracking of all extra to contract work from construction to completion of assigned jobs and making sure change orders are invoiced are issued with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date set of construction plans for each assigned job.
- Assist in scheduling all field-related activities to be performed per contract and or proposal specifications and within established budgets.
- Perform job start up inspections and recommendations with foreperson/field PM.
- Verify contract specifications are being met.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with most up to date Landscape Design Software including autocad, lumion, rhino,
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute drawings, and plans.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Occasionally heavy lifting might be required
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Must be able to spend prolonged periods of time in a vehicle.