Repair & Maintenance Technician
Compensation: $28-$33 per hour
Title: Repair & Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round; 40 hours per week, overtime when needed; weekends when needed; Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $28.00 - $33.00 / hour
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package 60 days following date of hire including but not limited to medical, dental, vision insurance, generous paid time off policy (3 weeks of vacation 0-2 years, 4 weeks after 3 years and 5 weeks after 5 years), 403(b)-retirement plan, employer funded life insurance, short term disability, long term disability plan etc.
Work Location: Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY 10035
The Repair & Maintenance Technician will report to the Chief Director of Operations and will also take day-to-day instruction from the Deputy Park Administrator and Park Supervisors. The Repair & Maintenance Technician will work with other maintenance staff, and other members of the Randall’s Island Park Alliance (“RIPA”) and the NYC Parks Department (“NYC Parks”) teams to maintain general upkeep and perform repairs on Randall’s Island Parks’ facilities.
- Perform repairs and general maintenance work in buildings operated by the Randall’s Island Park Alliance and throughout the park while reporting to the Chief Director of Operations and taking instruction from Deputy Park Administrator and Park Supervisors.
- • Perform preventative maintenance practices involving electrical, mechanical, structural, plumbing, masonry, carpentry, and equipment repair or replacement.
- • Perform routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs, light fixtures, and outlets.
- • Repair and replace doorknobs and locks, repair door closures, fence repairs, patch holes in walls and outside pavements.
- • Paint interior and exterior walls.
- • Perform routine plumbing repairs on, sinks, toilets, or urinals, fixing water leaks, etc.
- • Conduct daily rounds throughout buildings operated by the Randall’s Island Park Alliance and the park and take note of possible maintenance issues.
- • Work independently and prioritize assigned projects and tasks while complying with health and safety regulations.
- • Maintain good records of receipts, invoices, and tools owned by RIPA and the NYC Parks department.
- • Operate hand tools, small equipment, and motorized equipment.
- • Ensure all equipment is secure and well-maintained, including performing minor repairs to equipment and machinery.
- • Complete simple reports on activities performed.
- • Interact with park patrons and provide general park information with a welcoming and friendly demeanor.
- • All other general tasks as assigned by the Chief Director of Operations and Deputy Park Administrator.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar function or role
- • Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques
- • Ability to perform heavy physical labor (able to lift 50 pounds) on a daily basis
- • Willing to work in all types of weather, under strenuous conditions
- • Flexibility to work overtime and weekends
- • Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- • Ability to collaborate and build positive working relationships
- • Valid Driver License
- • High school diploma or equivalent
- • Good communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- • Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of the facility
- • Experience working at a public park
- • Relative licenses, registrations, and/or certifications
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online