Resident Engineer - Arborist
Start Date: 8/5/2019 Compensation: $20-$40/hr
Perform an inventory and a minimum of a limited visual assessment of all trees in block pruning areas predetermined by the borough forestry managers.
- The tree inventory shall include but not be limited to the tree number location or address species diameter at breast height (dbh) pruning prescription or no prescription if pruning is not necessary and condition of each tree; recommendations for more advanced assessment by DPR; or recommendation for removal if deemed to be dead irreversibly diseased or hazardous.
- The consultant shall enter the Tree Inventory information into the forestry management system supplied by the Agency on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet computers or Agency approved equivalent with full Microsoft Windows 7 platform or Agency approved newer alternative provided by the consultant firm.
- All tools necessary to measure trees will be supplied by the consultant firm including but not limited to diameter tapes.
- MUST have a minimum of 1 or more years’ of experience
- MUST have previous experience with tree inventory or surveying
- Four year college degree is PERFERRED
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosis and treatment of tree problems (health and structure) and use of electronic data recording devices
- Preferred Qualification: Certified Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture New Jersey State Tree Expert or equivalent as determined by the Director of Tree Preservation.
Contact Name: Fernando Parada