Compensation: 70K to 80K
Greenery Unlimited is seeking a full time manager for our retail store and showroom in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a balance of hospitality and retail experience to lead our retail team and manage day to day store operations.
The ideal candidate would have considerable plant knowledge or be willing to become an expert, as our store is a destination for people eager to learn about horticulture, and must be comfortable learning about not only the plants but our various proprietary automated systems. The Retail Manager position is for a through and through “people” person, and engaging with and inspiring our customers, as well as our staff, is essential. In addition to being a retail store, Greenery Unlimited functions as a showroom for our sister company, Greenery NYC, and we regularly invite high profile clients in to see our biophilic design work, so there is a museum level of attention to detail expected to keep the store experience operating at an exceptional level at all times.
- Manage new hire recruiting, hiring and training. Read and thoroughly digest all reading materials pertaining to Retail Operations and ensure team does the same.
- Manage our Social Media platform to keep our audience engaged with current events and offerings.
- Oversee all visual merchandising with a discerning eye.
- Oversee schedule and receipt of weekly inventory drops from Greenery Unlimited’s distribution center, coordinating inventory requests and adjustments with Operations Team.
- Manage schedule of weekly plant deliveries from plant vendors. Ensure transfer orders are accurate, note discrepancies and provide feedback on condition of plants received.
- Coordinate planter and accessory ordering.
- Troubleshoot and resolve shop maintenance issues in relation to internet, phone, plumbing, electric, pests, trash and recycling pick up, as well as other facility matters.
- Use sales data to influence future purchasing.
- Coordinate and ensure execution by Retail Associates of daily shop tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Take ownership of retail staff schedule (including workshops), adjusting as needed.
- Work with a sense of urgency and positivity, always seeking to improve shop cleanliness, visuals, plant health, and customer experience.
- Provide on point, brand standard customer service and train team to do the same.
- Assist with off-hour events/workshops/event rentals as needed. Coordinate events through our online platforms.
- Own weekly and monthly reports, compiling metrics, sales goals and observations to suggest recommendations for future performance.
- 3+ years retail or hospitality experience
- 1+ years retail management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Obsessive about keeping a clean space
- Genuine passion and interest in learning about plants and plant related technology
- A people-person and team player
- Getting your hands dirty, and able to regularly lift 50lbs
- Flexible schedule, weekends required