Retail Store Manager
Greenery Unlimited is seeking a full time manager for our retail store and showroom in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a balance of hospitality and retail experience to lead our retail team and manage day to day store operations.
The ideal candidate would have considerable plant knowledge, as our store is a destination for people eager to learn about horticulture, and must be comfortable learning about not only the plants but our various proprietary automated systems. The Retail Manager position is for a through and through “people” person, and engaging with and inspiring our customers, as well as our staff, is essential. In addition to being a retail store, Greenery Unlimited functions as a showroom for our sister company, Greenery NYC, and we regularly invite high profile clients in to see our biophilic design work, so there is a museum level of attention to detail expected to keep the store experience operating at an exceptional level at all times.
- Manage new hire recruiting, hiring and training. Read and thoroughly digest all reading materials pertaining to Retail Operations and ensure team does the same.
- Oversee all visual merchandising with a discerning eye.
- Oversee schedule and receipt of weekly inventory drops from Greenery Unlimited’s distribution center, coordinating inventory requests and adjustments with Operations Team.
- Manage schedule of weekly plant deliveries from plant vendors. Ensure transfer orders are accurate, note discrepancies and provide feedback on condition of plants received.
- Coordinate planter and accessory ordering with the Procurement Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve shop maintenance issues in relation to internet, phone, plumbing, electric, trash and recycling pick up, as well as other facility matters.
- Deliver feedback to procurement and operations teams on top selling items and customer requests.
- Coordinate and ensure execution by Retail Associates of daily shop tasks effectively and efficiently
- Take ownership of retail staff schedule (including workshops), adjusting as needed
- Work with a sense of urgency and positivity, always seeking to improve shop cleanliness, visuals, plant health, and customer experience.
- Provide on point, brand standard customer service and train team to do the same
- Assist with off-hour events/workshops/event rentals as needed
- Own weekly and monthly reports, compiling metrics, sales goals and observations to suggest recommendations for future performance.
- Technical Skills
- POS and Inventory processing
- Google Office Suite
- Competitive Salary
- Yoga membership to Modo Yoga
- Flexible vacation time
To apply: send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Retail Store Manager”. Please include your resume and a cover letter as to why you think you’d be a good fit.
- 3+ years retail or hospitality experience
- 1+ retail management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Obsessive about keeping a clean space
- Genuine passion and interest in learning about plants and plant related technology
- A people-person and team player
- Getting your hands dirty, and able to regularly lift 50lbs
- Flexible schedule, weekends required