Rose and Cottage Gardener
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $22
Old Westbury Gardens is looking for a part-time horticulturist to perform routine garden maintenance in our rose garden and surrounding areas. This role has the potential to become a full-time position.
- General gardening tasks including but not limited to deadheading, pruning, watering, weeding, planting, mulching, and fertilizing.
- Switching out seasonal plantings.
- Blowing off pathways of debris, leaves, etc.
- Maintain a pleasant disposition with our visitors and answer their questions.
- A current horticulture student or recent graduate of a horticulture program is preferred.
- Experience working in a formal garden setting.
- Ability to kneel, squat, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds when necessary.
- Experience with small equipment including backpack blowers and line trimmers, or a willingness to learn.
- 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, weekdays.
- Up to 40 hours per week.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
Old Westbury Gardens
Contact Name: Gaby Kantor
Phone: please, NO phone calls.