Seasonal Assistant Gardener
Seasonal Assistant Gardeners support the daily and seasonal duties associated with maintaining the grounds, landscapes, and gardens of a private estate located in Millbrook, NY. This position reports to the Director of Conservatory and Gardens, and works under the daily supervision of a more senior Gardener. The Seasonal Assistant Gardener position is a 40 hour/week position. Depending on ground conditions, seasonal workloads, and priorities, this position generally begins in mid-March and finishes in mid-November.
- Discreet individual with ability to work as a team member. A self-starter who can relate well with others in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise judgment. Good time-management and general organization skills. Ability to listen closely and follow directions.
- Approach each day with a positive attitude and be supportive of coworkers.
- Strong moral compass and unquestioned professional conduct.
- High School diploma
- Experience in grounds or garden maintenance is desired
- Possess a valid NYS driver license
- Rudimentary proficiency in driving utility vehicles and pickups
- Rudimentary proficiency in the proper use of a variety of hand and power tools routinely used for grounds and landscape maintenance and gardening
- Demonstrates a good team-oriented attitude and willingness to participate in work wherever and whenever assigned
- Ability to perform strenuous landscape maintenance-related tasks under a variety of conditions
- Must maintain the confidentiality of a private employer
- Good communication skills – fluent in the English language
If interested submit a resume and cover letter.