Seasonal Event Manager
Start Date: 10/1/2022 Compensation: $59,000 per year
Queens Botanical Garden is an urban oasis where people, plants and cultures are celebrated through inspiring gardens, innovative educational programs, and demonstrations of environmental stewardship.
About This Opportunity
Queens Botanical Garden is seeking an Events Manager for an evening Light Show who will oversee daily operations and site management for the event during its operating hours. The show is run by an external partner; Events Manager will be lead in coordination with partner during its operating hours and ensure event follows operational standards and guidelines.
The Event Manager will work with the exhibitor and be the QBG representative onsite to enforce operational standards, oversee activity, and help troubleshoot to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors.
- Be lead liaison between external partner on site and QBG staff during the operational hours of the event
- Work with external partner and QBG staff to ensure all elements of show are ready each night
- Assist with troubleshooting, working with public, internal staff and events staff
- Attend meetings and walkthroughs
- Produce end-of-day reports to relay to daytime supervisors
- File incident reports, as necessary
- Ensure the Garden is returned to proper state after break-down in evenings
- Assist with snow removal and de-icing on the grounds
- Assist clearing of patrons from the grounds prior to show starting
- Other duties as assigned
- Event management experience, ideally of a similar caliber
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Operational thinker—ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and think ‘outside the box’
- Experience working in outdoor venues in all weather
- Self-motivated; able to work independently
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents via our recruitment portal. If you encounter difficulties with uploading documents to the portal, please send via email to email@example.com.
Health & Safety: proof of full Covid-19 vaccination required for employment.
Queens Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Garden does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, gender expression, mental illness, socioeconomic status or background, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, predisposing genetic characteristic, immigration status, or any other legally protected status. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.