Start Date: March-April Compensation: commensurate with experience
Domino Park Conservancy and Two Trees Management Company are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic gardener to come join our growing team! This hands-on position is an exciting opportunity for an urban savvy horticulturist to help us maintain a wide array of extraordinary garden spaces. The gardener will play an integral role in maintaining the horticultural design intent established by Two Trees Management and James Corner Field Operations. Under the general supervision of the park’s operation team, the gardener will report to the director of horticulture. This position will be based at Domino Park in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and will require travel to various properties within the
company portfolio. Duties will include the upkeep and maintenance of a diverse group of plantings including trees, woodies, grasses, perennials, bulbs, and sedum filled green roofs.
About Two Trees
Two Trees is a family-owned Brooklyn-based real estate developer, best known for its singular role in transforming the Brooklyn neighborhood of DUMBO from a neglected waterfront to a thriving mixed-use community. In addition to building high quality living spaces, the firm has a strong reputation for neighborhood place-making, civic involvement and philanthropy that improves the quality of life in the communities where it builds. Two Trees firmly believes that developers must play a fundamental role in building sustainable communities because people prosper when neighborhoods bloom. Other notable Two Trees projects include 300 Ashland, 60 Water Street, the Wythe Hotel, Jane’s Carousel, and Mercedes House and award-winning Domino Park.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of residential and commercial rooftop gardens in Dumbo, Downtown Brooklyn / Brooklyn Heights, and Manhattan.
- Drives a company vehicle to various work sites for routine gardening maintenance.
- Operates gas/electric blowers, hedgers and other hand-held gardening tools.
- Plans and carries out gardening work at a high level of detail.
- Monitor’s irrigation systems for leaks, hand watering plants as needed in summer months or when establishing new plantings.
- Gardening tasks include, but are not limited to, composting, weeding, planting, pruning, and leaf removal.
- Sedum green roof maintenance
- Must have a working knowledge of gardening techniques and procedures, including irrigation systems.
- Previous experience working on green roofs in the New York City area a plus.
- Enthusiasm for horticultural design and public space management; and dedicated to the details
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, with excellent time management skills;
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey the mission and goals of the company;
- Comfortable working independently or with a team and outside in all weather conditions;
- Valid New York State drives license.
To Apply Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Gardener” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Domino Park Conservancy provides a competitive benefits package, including health care and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Domino Park Conservancy LLC.