Seasonal Gardener / Installation Technician
Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. Our work includes all aspects of garden spaces from concept and planting designs to onsite work such as hardscape and carpentry, planting, irrigation and lighting.
We are looking for a gardener with extensive horticultural knowledge as well as an understanding of irrigation and lighting systems to join our freelance team and perform installation and maintenance work for our various private and commercial clients. Qualified candidates should understand container and backyard gardening within an urban setting. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a requirement. The position is right for someone who is excited about the challenge of working to deadlines and meeting daily goals with care and attention to detail on multiple projects over the season.
This position will have varying hours depending on workloads. Work is outdoors in all weather and requires heavy lifting (at least 50lbs) as well as working on your feet for a sustained period. This is a great job for a hardworking individual who enjoys working in the great outdoors. The position reports to the construction and garden managers and the production coordinator.
- Following construction, planting, and maintenance schedules with team leader
- Documenting visit information and following up with issues as they arise
- Communications with supervisors and installation teams as required
- Potting, spot watering, pruning, pest and disease management
- Adjusting and monitoring irrigation systems
- Managing and troubleshooting plant health and garden aesthetic issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and maintaining cleanliness of each project site
- Seasonal annual planning and installations
- Willingness to collaborate on all tasks to maintain gardens to the highest standard
- Strong plant ID skills
- Clean driver’s license
- Familiarity with NYC streets
- Ability to drive a box truck
We are pleased to offer competitive rates based on experience.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to: email@example.com