Seasonal Gardener/Horticulturist -Westchester
Start Date: March 1, 2023 Compensation: $30 - $35p/h
The seasonal gardener is a temporary part-time position running from March-Oct/Nov dependent upon weather with occasional work available into December. It would be a 2-3 day per/week position based on month & candidate’s availability.
We are seeking an individual to assist and work alongside the owner/designer as we maintain the highest standards in garden care in our Westchester residential gardens. Our gardens are primarily in the Hastings-on-Hudson area with occasional visits to work in northern Westchester gardens where we are based.
We are in our second year in business - we love what we do and take pride in our work and care for the gardens we maintain. Fostering a supportive and collaborative relationship with those we work with is something we strive for.
- weeding beds, deadheading, & occasional pruning
- mulching the garden beds
- digging and planting shrubs, annuals and perennials
- ensuring containers and beds are receiving adequate water
This position is hands-on and physically demanding work in all types of weather.
Ability to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and regularly lift up to 30-40 lbs is vital to the role.
Experience is desired, but is not required. Enthusiasm to learn, physical ability, strong and positive communication skills are key.
The ideal candidate would be -
- detail-oriented, with attention to aesthetics & cleanliness
- maintain a professional and positive attitude
- willing to collaborate on any and all tasks required for maintaining the highest standards of the garden care
- have their own means of transportation, though this is negotiable
Ashley Lloyd Fine Gardening
Contact Name: Ashley