Riverside Park Conservancy is the non-profit conservancy that supports the New York City Parks Department in the care and restoration of Riverside Park, one of New York’s flagship parks and a registered Scenic Landmark.
- Assist with maintaining and advancing horticultural and restoration areas, according to Parks Department standards and Conservancy priorities.
- Create and carry out work plans, as directed by a Zone Gardener, Hort Supervisor & the Manager of Park Operations.
- Learn to identify common plants and weeds in order to tend them correctly.
- Working with a Zone Gardener, care for assigned gardens and landscape areas, adhering to and sustaining approved planting plans on appropriate seasonal schedule.
- Collect and remove trash and debris on a steep slope; sweep paths and stairs; install and maintain temporary fencing; operate and properly maintain tools and equipment.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- One year of experience in horticulture and/or hands-on environmental work, including planting and caring for plants, shrubs, trees, and lawns, and general grounds keeping as described above, including work with volunteers, OR
- Two years’ (minimum) relevant work experience that demonstrates transferable skills to this role
- **Preferred: at least 15 credits in horticulture or a related field from an accredited organization.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to work a 7:00 am to 3:30 pm work day. Flexibility to work during weekends and infrequently evenings for special events.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and work and maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on the 400-acre property’s often difficult terrains.
- Additional areas of education or specialization such as native plants or restoration experience considered a plus.
Please email resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Seasonal Horticulture”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer