(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: 4/1/2023 Compensation: $18.00-$22.00
Under supervision, the Seasonal Horticulturist is responsible for assisting in performing all horticulture field operations at locations throughout BPC Parks. This position runs from the spring to the fall.
- Assist with horticultural tasks as requested, and use the best horticultural practices to help maintain and beautify BPC Parks
- Assist with organic plant care including awareness and communication of plant health, physiological, and pest-related issues
- Assist in caring for the soil, help make and apply compost, and assist with the organic recycling program
- Remove litter and help maintain the highest appearance standards for BPC Parks
- Under supervision, assist with the safe and effective operation of BPC Parks equipment
- Work independently, effectively, and safely on gardening tasks, including weeding, planting, mowing, edging, watering, and other horticultural tasks as requested
- Work well in teams, follow directions, and positively contribute to shared projects
- Assist with task records and observation reports
- Be available for events and emergencies, including weather-related events; assist with preparation and cleanup, be available for overtime if necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A High School Diploma or GED is required; coursework in horticulture is preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of practical horticultural experience.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Ability to work well in a team but also be self-motivated when working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Battery Park City Authority
Contact Name: email@example.com
Website: Apply Online