Seasonal Park Maintenance Person
Under the direction of the Superintendent Park Maintenance or his/her designee, performs a variety of general maintenance, repair and cleaning tasks; may operate various types of manual and power equipment necessary to perform these functions; does related work as required.
- Follows established PEOSHA and Safety guidelines of the Morris County Park Commission and uses equipment properly and with care.
- Mows and trims grass by using tractors, power equipment and non-power equipment.
- Clears a variety of areas by using brooms, rakes and the use of power equipment and blowers.
- Assists with tree/brush work; all work is from the ground.
- Loads and unloads materials and supplies, both packaged and in bulk.
- Removes snow and treats icy conditions by use of power equipment and by manual shoveling.
- Repairs and maintains Park facilities, roads, parking areas, trails, vegetative beds and walkways.
- Maintains washrooms in a sanitary condition.
- Collects and disposes of trash throughout the Park Commissions facilities.
- Operates Park Commission motor vehicles and trailers to transport personnel, materials and equipment on Commission property and public roadways.
- These functions are to be performed in all parks
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Knowledge of the tools, methods and materials used in ground and landscape area maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at an eighth-grade level.
- Ability to safely operate equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Physical dexterity, strength and coordination sufficient to operate manual; and power lawn/ tree cutting and maintenance equipment; the ability to lift, maintain and carry weights up to fifty pounds.
- Possession of valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Some experience in work involving a variety of maintenance and repair tasks.
- M-F regular park operations schedule, not to exceed a 40 hour work week.
- Will be required to report and work from any park facility as scheduled.
- The physical ability to perform the essential functions of the Park Maintenance position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.