Seasonal Service Manager
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: 03/13/2023 Compensation: 65,000-75,000
The Seasonal Service Manager (SCDM) position is a great opportunity to assume a leadership role in our Operations Team. It is ideally suited for any trained horticulturist who has a strong foundation in garden & container design, a firm understanding of production principles, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The SCDM helps to recruit talented seasonal service crew members, researches progressive horticulture design methodologies, and implements best practices across their seasonal service installation team.
Specifically, this is a wonderful opportunity for an excellent communicator who wants to do the following:
- Work closely with the maintenance director of operations to set and bolster goals for seasonal installation team
- Fluent in design of containers, holiday decor and annual bed plantings
- Recruit, train and empower crew so they can build and train their own team
- Manage budgets for garden, container, and annual bed design as necessary.
- Create learning and teaching experiences for team
- Work collaboratively with other account managers to establish best practice and ensure record keeping for design work and budgets
- Ensure crews have tools they need to perform job tasks
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Forecast and schedule team to ensure best production practice
Due to the breadth of our portfolio and our highly collaborative environment any candidate for this position will need the following to excel in this role:
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Horticulture or a related field preferred however industry experience supersedes
- A minimum of 2 years experience successfully managing a team of people.
- A minimum of 3 years in the horticulture industry
- A minimum of 3 years in seasonal decor and design
- The ability to use a variety of cloud computing tools for communication, organization and productivity.
All candidates will find that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage.
Schumacher Companies, Inc.
Contact Name: Emily Admirand